Experience the Benefits that a Properly Planned SharePoint Deployment from NMR Consulting Provides
Microsoft SharePoint Deployment Planning Services (SDPS) is a service offering allowing you to use Software Assurance (SA) benefits to pay certified partners like NMR Consulting to plan your SharePoint deployments.
As a certified partner we will guide you through a highly effective planning process for activating or getting more out of your investments in SharePoint. Your organization will receive 1, 3, 5, 10 or 15-day pre-defined deployment planning sessions led by us (NMR Consulting) a certified SDPS partner paid for by your Software Assurance benefits. You can use SDPS to plan an effective deployment of Microsoft SharePoint 2010 (or 2007), plan your upgrade to SharePoint 2010 or plan a deployment of SharePoint for Internet Sites.
We heard a number of stories of people deploying SharePoint themselves and then having to call in a Microsoft partner to fix their deployment. We didn’t want to do that and so we looked for SharePoint best practice knowledge experts to partner with.
IT Infrastructure Manager, ETSA Utilities
Take advantage of your SA benefits today!
Benefits “We will” provide include:
- Receiving high quality, professional, personalized service: We will provide the knowledge and expertise needed to successfully deploy or upgrade SharePoint based on your unique needs and environment that complement your strategic business direction.
- Evaluating how SharePoint can best strengthen the business processes in your organization: We will identify a roadmap for transformation and management of your current collaborative strategies. You will benefit from understanding the value of an improved business productivity infrastructure based on SharePoint as it relates to the key capabilities of Microsoft SharePoint 2010: Sites, Search, Communities, Insights, Content and Composites.
- Employing SharePoint best practices and tools from Microsoft: We will leverage best practices for SharePoint deployment and upgrading by analyzing your infrastructure needs and providing planning guidance, tools and technologies to help you manage the SharePoint deployment and the migration of your data.
- A customized roadmap to deployment: We will provide a deployment plan providing a comprehensive assessment of your infrastructure; recommend a business plan, timeline, and resources for a successful deployment.
1. SharePoint Deployment Planning
The SharePoint 2010 (or SharePoint 2007) Deployment Planning offer helps you to plan an effective deployment of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010/2007 for your organization. Through this offer you will receive a comprehensive introduction, understanding, and customized roadmap for leveraging the SharePoint platform to transform your content management, collaboration, and search strategy to better drive your business initiatives.
What you get…
An integrated deployment plan that can help lower costs, optimize business productivity infrastructure and create a secure and well-managed collaborative infrastructure that supports several key capabilities of Office SharePoint Server 2010:
2. SharePoint 2010 Upgrade Planning
The SharePoint 2010 Upgrade Planning offer helps you to discover the value of upgrading and provides you with a customized migration plan for leveraging the business collaboration platform for the enterprise and the web. This offer is designed for customers who have already deployed SharePoint 2007.
What you get…
- A comprehensive introduction to SharePoint 2010
- A thorough understanding of the upgrade process as it relates to your deployment
- Awareness of the upgrade “costs” and benefits (immediate / future)
- A customized migration plan for deployed workloads
3. SharePoint for Internet Sites Planning
The SharePoint Internet Sites Planning offer provides you with a unified solution for managing your Web Content lifecycle. SharePoint provides a single platform that brings end-to-end capabilities like structured publishing (WCM), social computing (blogs, wikis, discussions, ratings, tagging, comments), search, personalization, commerce, and advertising together to your intranet, extranet, and Internet sites to create a differentiated, engaging customer-experience that will drive loyalty and repeat traffic to your site.
What you get…
A customized plan for deploying a unified solution for managing your Web Content lifecycle. Leveraging SharePoint allows you to:
- Establish an Enterprise Platform for your Web Content Management
- Increase IT Manageability and Efficiency of your Web Solutions
- Simplify your Content Publication Lifecycle
- Integrate and Extend your WCM Solutions
Engagement Type Descriptions
During the 1-day engagement, customers are given an overview of SharePoint features and solution areas, and share information about their environment, pain points and requirements with SDPS consultants. Through the Strategy Briefing Session (SBS), customers will learn about the SharePoint roadmap and how it fits into their vision. Customers will design a high-level solution based on their business needs and further gain knowledge on how best to deploy SharePoint in their environment.
During a 3-day Architectural Design Session (ADS), participants dive deeper into customer requirements and design a SharePoint solution tailored to the customer environment. Conceptual design, logical and physical architectures are created for the solution. The delivery consultant can utilize canned demos and videos of solutions in action. All 3-day SDPS engagements begin with the 1-day Strategy Briefing Session (SBS).
In a 5-day engagement participants expand on the 3-day architecture design and a virtual lab session is added to provide the customer a hands-on understanding of the solution technologies and capabilities. It includes 2 days of deployment planning for a specific SharePoint capability. It is mainly designed to provide deep guidance on specific SharePoint solution capabilities that provide value within the customer’s environment including assisting customers in creating a plan and best practices for deployment on how SharePoint would fit in the customer’s environment; gaining knowledge on the best practices for Information Architecture, document management, governance, site planning and management; and understanding the ways to optimize SharePoint for better performance and capacity.
A 10-day SDPS engagement will consist of a 3-day ADS to understand the customer’s scenario and introduce technologies, solutions, and concepts. In addition, it includes 2 days of deployment planning for a specific SharePoint capability. This is immediately followed by a 5-day proof of concept project to demonstrate the solution at a customer’s environment. The engagement will mitigate or help eliminate any risk that the customers have in regards to SharePoint through a hands-on application. Customers will select one of the specific capabilities for the pilot project, and will provide a specific implementation of proof points using Microsoft applications and the customer’s hardware and/or software environment.
A 15-day SDPS engagement will consist of a 3-day ADS to understand customer scenarios and introduce technologies, solutions, and concepts. In addition, it includes 2 days of deployment planning for a specific SharePoint capability. This is followed by a 10-day Proof of Concept (POC) project to demonstrate the solution at a customer environment. The engagement will mitigate or help eliminate any risk that the customers have in regards to SharePoint through a hands-on application. Customers will select one of the specific capabilities for a pilot and provide a specific implementation of proof points using Microsoft applications and their hardware and/or software environment.